Old February 20th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Sum Ting Wong Sum Ting Wong is offline

Default Horizontal loop antenna

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:18:14 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Sum Ting Wong wrote:
I have a SGC-230 tuner in the RV ... I was thinking of adding
ferrites to the input side of the tuner and then using it to tune a
dipole fed with 450 ohm window line.

My SG-230 tuner manual says that is a no-no.
It says: "The coupler must be located *at the antenna*.
Never use a feed line or coaxial cable at the output
of the antenna coupler."

Cecil,

Saw that and wondered about isolating the coax and DC power with the
ferrite and maybe changing the rules about doing that. Since you're a
whole lot sharper than I am on this stuff, what do you figure the
reason is for not tuning a balanced feeder with it? That would make
things sooooooooo much easier if it worked.

Thanks.

S.T.W.