Old January 30th 08, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David[_5_] David[_5_] is offline

Default Wide-Band Scanner Receivers -and- Wide-Band Active Antennas =Synergy & Utility

m II wrote:
Junius wrote:
====================

The ICOM R-20 is a pretty impressive communications reciever in my view.

Thank you both for the insights. It appears that, as in everything else
in life, there are trade offs and compromises. The AOR is a pretty good
set, but I wasn't too impressed with the need to buy cards and then have
a limited space to use them.

We'll see how the funds are next month before deciding on a purchase of
an R-20. Now, I'm busy trying to decipher the inner workings of a Yaesu
5000 wideband. The attenuate function needs a lot of use on the AM band.

mike

What cards? My 8200 MK3 B works fine out of the box.