Old November 29th 03, 08:49 PM
Rick

Thank you very much for that information, I truly do appreciate it.

Now I know why the receiver was so expensive and why the value has held it
own over the years. Of course being scarse as it is holds the value as
well. I don't think it's a purchase that I want to make. I'm a collector of
sorts, but not of SW receivers.

73's
Rick

"elg110254" wrote in message
Rick, from Rainer Lichte 1985 tome "Radio Receivers- Chance or Choice" in

his
summary review of Panasonic's RF-9000: "The question: is it worth it?

seems
unavoidable. Most certainly this receiver does not give the equivalent of

about
three grand in shortwave performance. It is however a masterpiece of
engineering, showing how micro-processor-control and a synthesizer can be

used
to build a nearly automatic SWL-device. The operational concept is a step

into
the future. This RF-9000 is a prototype of state-of-the-art techniques. A
reduction in size and cost while retaining most of interesting automated
features should be a worthwhile task for the gifted engineers in Japan".
S.W.A.R.L. # WA6020SWL !!!