Old January 20th 04, 02:49 AM
Gary Schafer

Adjust it so that the plate current dip occurs at exactly the same
point that you get maximum output while you tune the plate tuning
control.

73
Gary K4FMX

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 01:02:55 GMT, "gil"
wrote:

Just recently got a Yaesu ft-101e that needed some alignment and the only
thing I cant seem to get "accurate" is the neutralization, the best I can do
is to rotate the adjustable plate capacitor till I get the lowest output
reading on the power meter, which range from 50 to 80 watts depending on the
band and it seems to put out a clean signal this way.
Trying to get a higher output reading only sends the finals into oscillation
with lots of hum and a somewhat "dirty" signal.
Am I on the right trak here or should I do something different?
Any info appreciated....thanks

Gil n2wjw