Old August 9th 05, 06:21 PM
Fred McKenzie

In article .com,
wrote:

Yves Dussault wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a Buddipole antenna.
I would loke comments on that antenna.
Thanks.
VE2ATD

The Buddipole is a short, loaded portable antenna. Works OK for
camping, pedestrian mobile, field day, mobile and any number of other
uses. I would not use it as my primary antenna at my home QTH.

Gary & JG & YD-

If the Buddipole is the one I'm thinking of, you can make out a lot
cheaper by buying or making a bracket that has capability of mounting two
mobile whips as a dipole.

I have one that came from the Lakeview Company in Anderson, South
Carolina. I have it mounted on a five foot section of TV mast supported by
a roof-mount tripod from Radio Shack. I've seen slightly different
brackets from other companies at hamfests.

I tried it with a pair of different mobile whips. One was a single-band
Ham Stick (Lakeview?) and the other a Hustler. On 40 Meters it didn't
work nearly as well as a full dipole, but not bad for an indoor loaded
dipole about five feet off the floor!

73, Fred, K4DII