Old September 4th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
g. beat g. beat is offline

Default Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model PS-12

"BobEmerson" wrote in message
ups.com...
Good Day All,

I have recently come into possession of a Tenna Pyramid Phase III Model
PS-12 and guess what? It does not work. I am inquiring as to the
availability of a copy of a schematic for this device. If someone could
email me a copy of it, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Bob Emerson

Bob,

IF you are lucky - you may find someone that has a schematics for this
model.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...ron-index.html

I would suggest that you get a copy of the Astron RS-12 power supply -- it
will be CLOSE.
http://www.repeater-builder.com/astr...ron-rs12a.html

Power supply uses the LM723 regulator IC (the most common for linear power
supplies of this type) AND pass transistors for the current handling --
usually 2N3055 or 2N3771.

Here is the 1996 DIY web article that spells out "how they work"
http://www.seits.org/features/pwrsup.htm

Repairing a linear power supply (education, tech sheets, troubleshooting) --
there are over 25 web pages here for any DIY of Astron, Pyramid, TrippLite,
etc.
http://www.kbt-dc-supplies.com/index.php

w9gb