Old December 30th 03, 01:24 AM
Ron Hardin

Mike Maghakian wrote:

I have the base unit of the DA-100D active antenna (model before the
current unit) I was wondering if the base unit does anything with the
aux antenna input. since I don't have the remote whip part I was
wondering what I could do with the base. I don't have the manual so
any real experience or knowledge would be appreciated. if you don't
know you don't have to guess.

I imagine it supplies +12v to the center conductor of the coax, and
takes the RF off of it at the output of the unit. The aux antenna
input connects to the output of the unit when it's turned off.

I believe there's no amplifiers inside.

I accidentally used a DA100E base unit with a Wellbrook ALA1530 and
it worked okay (I have BNC connections on all the incoming antennas
so can get them mixed up if I'm not paying attention).
--
Ron Hardin