Old February 3rd 05, 12:42 AM

I am more interested in the Dell PIII laptop that is part of the
trade. A friend bady wants something that I have absolutly
no use for, a piece of test gear that was given to me by a
another friend who was retiring and moving sought, and
even though the PRC1000 is not my favorite radio, it does
have some uses. Mainly like I said. Keep several lists of "hot"
frequencies, covering likely events. Here in Lexington one
for "Winter Snow Emergency", T-Storm/Tornado watch/warning,
nerve gas leak down little south in Richmond. I guess you get
the idea. I have the frequency lists now, it is just a pain to
enter them by hand.
I had pretty fair reception from below AM MW/BCB to above
cell (ATC transpnders) on a lowly 20 year old Tandy diskcone
antenna. The one without the center stinger.
Terry