Old September 14th 05, 11:15 PM
David

Cecil,

Thanks for the info. The open stub J looks like it should be suitable
for my application being ground independent, omni directional and having
low radiation angle.

Cecil Moore wrote:

David wrote:

Does anyone know of where I could find an example of a homebrew open stub
fed j antenna. I want to construct a unit for 915 MHz using SMA plug
and coaxial cable.

An open stub J-pole is the same as a Zepp. 1/2WL element
end fed by 1/4WL balanced series section. The coax connects
to the end of the series section. Arrow Antenna makes one
for 2m. Plans are available that could possibly be scaled
to 915 MHz.