Old April 29th 12, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default HF is Smokin

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:11:30 -0700, "Sal" wrote:

20m is especially good. I have a 20m dipole and I answered a CQ from
Eastern Russia (4200+ miles) and Viktor RU0ZM, came right back to me. Then
I noticed I was on tune power, 10W. Great night.

"Sal"

Thanks. I turn on my ancient Icom IC-735, tune around 20 meters and
hear nothing. Transmit and I get infinite VSWR. Ok, something is
wrong. After 15 minutes of juggling coax cables, spinning knobs,
pushing buttons, and head banging, the light comes on in my head.
After a nasty wind storm in January, I a tree had destroyed most of my
antenna farm, which I haven't repaired. Rebuild antennas now added to
the things to do list.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D