Old February 13th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Weird CW on 333 kHz

cadillac_eldorado wrote:
Has anyone else been hearing this Morse code on 333 kHz lately? It's
been on the last four days now. I'm new to CW and SWL, but when I
tune in this frequency, I think what I'm hearing is this:

.- ..- ... ....

What does that mean? It's just repeated, over and over, all day
long. Any ideas?

That sounds like a beacon used in avaition. However they are three letters,
not four. There is a list of them at: http://www.dxinfocentre.com/ndb.htm

What you wrote is AUSH, which is not on the list, but there a YSH on
334 kHz in Smith Falls, Ontario.

There is as far as I can find no airport code AUSH.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/