Old May 28th 04, 06:39 PM
Sanjaya

Diverd4777 wrote:

KC;
- think it MIGHT be a flavor of THIS..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5701194 5
27&rd=1

" Size 4 1/2" wide by 2 5/8' tall by 7/8" thick "

30 memories, - Similar to the Kaito KA-105 but fancier looking...

- May spring for one !
Dan

Hi Dan.
I've been following your interest in a small portable.
I've got a KA-105 which is the ultimate *shirt pocket*
radio... though does not have full SW coverage, as you know.
But since purchasing the 105 I've also gotten a
Tecsun PL-200, and I have to say it is my favorite small
portable now. It does have full SW coverage. I carry it everywhere.
Though not as small as the 105 it fits in an oversized pocket... i.e. a coat pocket. It has a 3
setting antenna gain switch and an actual knob for fine tuning.
Good sound from the speaker for its size, with a "low/high" tone
switch. 200 memory presets, good AM and FM reception, with stereo through
headphones on FM (I wasn't impressed with the separation, but I
don't use it for FM stereo). Liypn sells the 200 on eBay and
includes a step down transformer to convert to US mains.
The PL-200 comes with 2 NiMH rechargeable batteries that
recharge in the radio and give excellent battery life.
It operates similarly to the Grundig YB-550PE,
so you can use the .pdf manual of the 550 to learn how to use it.
Liypn may be including a quick start guide now as well, and he
e-mails the YB-550 manual to buyers also. To check out
a picture of my PL-200 for size reference you can see
http://makeashorterlink.com/?D2EB12C68 You can also click
that picture to see the original full size photo I posted.