Old February 2nd 05, 01:01 AM

I have played with the PCR1000 and the VSC
works pretty well. Not as fool proof as the
hardware unit I have but pretty decent all
the same.
The only thing is I don't really like the PRC1000.
It suffers from trying to be everything.
A HF and VHF/UHF radio. For some tasks
the PCR1000 is ideal. Keep several lists of hot
frequencies to cover various situations and
call up that set of memories.
I have a chance to trade for a PCR1000 and
an unkown (I don't remember the model number)
Radio Shack "trunking" scanner. I will likely
go for the trade, because you just can't have too
many radios. This PCR1000 has the DSP module
which makes it almsot decent for HF(SW) work.
Terry