Old April 26th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
John Sheatsley

Default How to hook up a Heathkit HD-11 Q Multiplier

wrote in message
Just got this off ebay and am wondering how I should connect it to my
Lafayette HE-10? It has the power plug, of course, and it has a coax
on the back. Do I hook this up to the antenna leads? Bama just has
the schematic on the site but not the manual. Any help would be
appreciated.
Thank you
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"

First, it doesn't hook up to the antenna leads!

The outer cover of the coax goes to ground (naturally). The
center of the coax goes to either the plate of the mixer tube or
the plate side of the IF transformer. Looking at the HE-10 schematic
at the 'Bama site, the mixer tube is a 6BE6 and the plate is pin 5.
Either connect there or find the pin on the IF transformer that it
eventually goes to. Heath provided a template and RCA socket with
the kit for installation. You may want to add such a socket.

If you give me a mailing address, I can send you a (not terribly great
quality)
photocopy of the HD-11 manual.

Regards,
John