Old October 9th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] r2000swler@hotmail.com is offline

Default dx-398 speaker needed

Du_Hicky wrote:
My speaker in my dx-398 finally died after all these years. I did a
quick search at Radio Shack and apparently they no longer sell
replacement parts. If someone could lead me in the right direction it
would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pulled from an earlier thread in this group:
"From: Brian - view profile
Date: Tues, Jun 6 2006 9:07 pm
Email: "Brian"
Groups: rec.radio.shortwave

AEZAEL wrote in message
I bought a Sangean ATS909 from them and stored it after trying it out,
after 9 months I put a full set of batteries in it and it would not
work at all. Sent it back to Crane and was charged $ 37.00 and I
was sent a different radio, ( I know because I had marked the case
slightly} I tested it again and every thing worked fine.
After 1 year I again tried the radio with new batteries and guess
what ? the radio did not work properly, the sound was very distorted
and when I talked to the people at Crane I was told it would cost at
least $ 89.00 for a new speaker this for a radio that cost #289.00.
I checked the radio out with earphones and the sound was fine
so I am hedging my bets and packing the radio with a good set of
headphones.

If you are interested in an inexpensive replacement speaker for your
909,
try the url below. It was given me by a member of this group recently,
and
for a mere 99 cents, I was extremely impressed with its performance.
The
part number, if you're interested is: 13-404.

www.hosfelt.com

-Brian "
I bought 2 13-404s back in June just in case. Look to be the same
as teh speaker in the ATS909/DX398 but I can't swear so.

Terry