Old March 18th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Rob Mills

Default Is CB dead?

"Jerry McCarty" wrote in message

I get the best traffic reports available by listening to the truckers.

I'm a retired driver (Sears) and spent a lot of time driving at night in the
Ozark country of N.E. Okla, S.W. Mo and N.W. Ark back in the 60's and 70's.
In those days they still had open range, winding narrow roads that trucks
mirror brackets wouldn't each other by 6 in.. The big danger were "cows in
the road" or "truck jack knifed" just around that next curve. I'm convinced
I would have never survived that job with out the warnings I got over the CB
radio. RM~

PS, All truckers get a bad rap because of a very small minority who act like
idiots on the radio. Most are like you, they don't or rarely xmit.