Old September 30th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default what homebrew HF antenna produces the most groundwave?

On Sep 29, 8:39 pm, Anonymous wrote:
Of all the HF antennas one might reasonably make out of wire or
aluminum tubing, which produces the strongest groundwave?
Ground-mounted quarter-wave vertical? Horizontal dipole at a height of
1/4 wavelength? Or what? I'm sure someone must have experimented, or
done computer modelling, to seek an answer to this question but I am
not finding any information.

--
-30-

If all things are set up properly, normally the 5/8 will give the
strongest
ground wave for a single element. You have very little if any true
ground
wave from a horizontal antenna. You do have a space wave, but it's
not
quite the same.
MK