Old July 14th 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Vertical Yagi?

Alan Peake wrote:

Roy, are you talking about high gain yagis? I just looked at the
beamwidths of an 11 element DL6WU Yagi on 2m and got 35 degrees
horizontal and 39 degrees vertical in EZNEC. Not much difference there.
Alan

No, I'm not. The OP specified HF, so I'm talking about Yagis of up to 5
or 6 elements or so. Ones with a larger number of elements would
significantly narrow the pattern in both planes. I'm surprised that the
beamwidths approach about the same value, but I haven't done much
modeling or any measurement of Yagis with a large number of elements, so
I'll believe it.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL