Old January 6th 05, 06:00 PM
Cecil Moore

Jim Leder wrote:
After reading numerous posts, I built an EDZ for 20 using the '450 ohm'
ladder line and coax balun approach. Maybe I got lucky, I don't know but
when I hooked up the antenna analyzer I was surprised to see an SWR of 1.3:1
at 14.030 and the impedance was around 51 ohms.

Odds are that your feedline is a multiple of half-wavelengths
plus 0.2 wavelength. If you know the VF and length, it would
be interesting to calculate how close you came to N.2 wavelengths.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp