Old October 8th 05, 03:24 PM
Dick, AA5VU

When attempting to adjust the ALC limit on the rear of the amplifier as
suggested in the manual I am not noticing any effect on the rig. I
have driven the amplifier up to to 85W, and still do not notice and
reduction of power on the radio as indicated in the manual.

I have an external power meter between my rig and the Ameritron Amplifer
and have noticed the power output of the rig is less with the amp on.
If I follow the normal tune up procedure using about five watts of drive
then increase in increments, I can get the max output at about 45 to 50
watts. I cannot get the rig output more than 55 to 60 watts with the
amp ON. Is this normal?

Dick AA5VU