Old August 14th 05, 04:01 AM
Rick Frazier

Odd... For some reason, this amplifier is available in kit form only, and only
to Hams outside of the US of A..... They are located in Surfside Beach, South
Carolina... Perhaps the Amplifier Kit does not meet FCC regulations (works for
11/10 Meters without Ham License verification)

I don't have personally verified information on this amplifer, and was
interested in it before I found it couldn't be purchased from the manufacturer
of the kit in the US..

If anyone else has better information on this amp, I would be interested, as I
could use a low priced solid state amp if it doesn't pollute the bands I work.
(primarily 80, 40 and 20 meters)

Thanks
--Rick AH7H

MICHAEL LINGER wrote:

FS: Solid state Skywalker 500 linear amp with 200amp metered power supply.
Puts out over 700 watts on 75M. Amp it 9+ in appearance and 100% in
operational quality. Substantially less than 80 watts drives it full power.
Also has bandpass filters for all HF bands. It's very quiet and very
efficient. $850.