Old October 10th 10, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
raypsi raypsi is offline

Default IF Transformers

You can buy 10.7 IF cans from Dan's Small Parts web site athttp://www.danssmallpartsandkits.net/. *They're listed about 1/5 of the way
down the page. *Be patient when you scroll... it's a big page and he doesn't
have a search utility on the site. *Cheap enough at $1.65 *each.
They're built specifically for solid state receivers, so they might n

Hey OT:

Dans small parts is a gr8 site. the reason he calls it small parts
because he got not many parts for tubes, those IF cans won't hold up
to the voltage that is on the plates of tubes, unless you might be
able to use 12volt plate voltage tubes that Tung Sol came out with
back in the day just as transistors were taking over. I remember in
1960 I had a Buick Special car, the radio that used 12 volt plate
voltage tubes and a transistor AF output.

I seen sum web site that used a 12AX7 at 12 volt plate voltage, maybe
if you used a 12AX7 in cascode you could get enough gain at 12volts
plate voltage.

The best bet I've seen is a toroid with trim caps for tuning. Way back
in the day b4 they used treaded ferrite slugs they used trim caps to
tune the IF cans.

73 OT

de n8zu