Old September 13th 03, 03:27 AM
--exray--

Jason wrote:
Hello all

For a long time I have been interested in Shortwave listening, and I
have noticed on the internet that Digital radio is becoming more
prevalent. Before I go out and invest some money on a quality reciever,
is it safe to assume it is a hobby I can enjoy for years to come, or
will Shortwave be replaced in 5 years by more modern technology?

Thanks for any input,

JM Doiron

Only if you believe what they said in the magazines 30 years ago.
You can get nice (well, adequate) SW rcvrs cheap as dirt these days...if
you are skittish, buy a cheapo and feel out whats there before plunking
down big bux for a quality radio.

-Bill