Old May 4th 05, 06:07 PM
John Smith

My Grandfather was a general contractor, I can still remember, in his
basement, a two gallon compression lid can. It contained wooden dowels
soaking in what he called "Teak Varnish." Some of these dowels had become
so "water logged" with the varnish they sank....
These he used on transmission lines as insulators...

I suspect holy wars could be fought over these insulators--I think his
choice just pertained to his profession...

Warmest regards,
John

oups.com...