Old January 18th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Dave Holford

Default Kenwood TS-450s optional filter question

Roger Rabbit wrote:

My Kenwood TS-450sat has both 2.4 KHz filters installed and only the
500 Hz CW positions empty. I would like to install the YK-88SN-1
filter. Can I plug the YK-88SN-1 1.8 KHz filter in one of the open
positions normally used for the 500 Hz CW filter? I'm hoping to be
able to use the two 2.4 KHz filters for normal operation, and then
switch to the 1.8 KHz filter in the 500 setting when someone is parked
closer than 3 KHz away.

Thanks in advanced..

-Michael

That is exactly the way my TS-450sat is configured - works great.

I also have a YG-455CN-1 250 Hz filter in the 455 kHz slot and end up with
the best of both worlds.

Dave