Old November 26th 03, 10:06 PM
Brenda Ann

"lbbs" wrote in message
My low channels and high channels are coming in week (I especially would
like to improve channel 49). I like in a small city of 130,000
population. We have Toronto aprox 40 miles north and Buffalo 40 miles
south of us. I would to find a way to improve my TV signal. One of

the
things I would like to try is put a preamp on the antenna, but not sure

what
dB rating to use so I don't over amplify my signal (I don't want to

improve
some channels at the expense of other good channels). Any ideas?

Also, what about cleaning up the connection at the antenna, by cutting off
the end
that is corroded and reconnecting it to the antenna? Or just cleaning

the
connection with sand paper?

Other pertinent info:

Basically I looking for ways to improve my signal. I am satisfied with

the

12 channel or so

that we are presently getting and I don't what to pay for more channel

with

cable or dish.

All I want is to get a 15% improvement or so in my TV signal. I get a

fair

TV signal now, but I have a couple of channel like 49 that my parents

better

then us. I received a few suggestions like replace my coax with RG6

wire

and get an preamplifier at my old tower antenna. The antenna is 35

years

old at most (that is the age of our house), 15 years at best).

Anything

else I can do to improve signal. I don't mind putting some money into

it

since it is a long term investment. Thanks.

p.s. I am not interested in buying a new antenna.

If your antenna is 15 years old, it's not even acting as an antenna
anymore.. (at least not as it was designed to do). Whether you are
interested in buying one or not, you need to. A good antenna is cheaper than
a good amplifier, and will likely do a lot more good given that your current
antenna is over 10 years beyond it's normal life expectancy.