Old November 1st 05, 01:23 AM
Dick

Default Anyone Make a 8-pin Mike Plug to 8-pin Modular Jack?

I need something similar to the Icom OPC-589, except opposite gender.
I want something to be able to use an 8-pin modular plug microphone on
a radio that has an 8-pin round jack. I.E. the modular end needs to
be a female jack, and the radio end needs to be a standard 8-pin mike
plug. I guess I could make one, but the only modular jacks I have
seen are Cat5 jacks for networking, and they are meant for
installation in a wall plate or similar. Not really suited for an
in-line cable.

Dick - W6CCD