Old September 13th 03, 04:14 AM
Dan Robinson

No, it's not safe to assume that. In fact, I think you
can assume the opposite. There will come a day,
and the signs have been there for some time, when
analog shortwave receivers will not be useful for
much at all, and the question will become whether
digital transmissions from those broadcasters who
relied on analog for years will continue to commit
funds to transmit digitally via shortwave, or direct all
their broadcasting for foreign audiences to internet
and internet television.

From: Jason
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:12:24 GMT
Subject: Is Shortwave radio dying?

Hello all

For a long time I have been interested in Shortwave listening, and I
have noticed on the internet that Digital radio is becoming more
prevalent. Before I go out and invest some money on a quality reciever,
is it safe to assume it is a hobby I can enjoy for years to come, or
will Shortwave be replaced in 5 years by more modern technology?

Thanks for any input,

JM Doiron