Old October 2nd 03, 08:47 PM
KA9CAR

My Quad is a 5 band. It ranges from 112 ohms down to 75 ohms on various
bands.

There is 50 ohm cable from my shack to the remote switch (a set of relays).

There are "series section transformers" That is lengths of line that are
not either 50 ohm, or the impeadence of the antenna, which convert the
impeadence of the antenna to something near 50 ohms. I think this is what
you are trying to do.

You need a piece of coax that is the "geometric mean" of the two
impeadences, and 1/4 wave long at the operating frequency.
OR
You need a common value of coax, such as 63 ohm (a standard older computer
cable, used for matching some UHF antennas) Then use the appropriate math
(beyond me) or modeling program to tell you what length to make the line.

Check out matchsec.exe
at
http://www.btinternet.com/~g4fgq.regp/

KA9CAR

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Tom Sedlack wrote:
I don't want to use a tuner because; 1 - I don't own one
and 2 - they waste power (I want to try QRPish operation).

Check out my webpage for a method of avoiding a conventional
antenna tuner while using low-loss ladder-line.
--
73, Cecil, http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp