Old November 7th 03, 05:08 AM
Cecil Moore

Yuri Blanarovich wrote:
Unless someone shows that 7 points I raised are not
valid, I am happy with results of this interesting exercise.

Here's an interesting EZNEC result. I took the 102' loaded dipole
that was resonant on 3.76 MHz and ran it on 14.3 MHz. I repositioned
the loading coils at a current minimum point with a one ohm resistor
on each side so there is 0.03 wavelength between resistors.

EZNEC sez:
Current through R1 is 0.1618 amps at -156 degrees
Current through coil1 0.09643 amps at -130 degrees
Current through R2 is 0.08098 amps at -70 degrees

In the ten degrees between R1 and R2, the current doubles and shifts
phase by 86 degrees. Can we use these results to prove there is a
phase shift through a lumped inductor? :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp