Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] garyarnold@aol.com is offline

Default What is the most sensitive AM/FM radio

wrote:
My GE Super Radio III is the very best for medium wave DX-ing I have
ever owned. It brings in an incredible selection of distant AM and FM
stations, particularly at night. I would like to find an am/fm radio
with the same sensitivity but with a timer and station preset buttons.
The Eton X does not do the job. Any suggestions. I do not need SW.
I prefer a small handheld radio not a tabletop.

Not exactly a handheld, but the CCRadio gives better reception than the
GE Superadio III. I've had two Superadio III's to compare with my
CCRadio, and the CCRadio is every bit as sensitive if not slightly
better than the GE and has better selectivity. Not a cheap radio, but
the best I have found for medium wave DX-ing. Also, the CCRadio tunes
1khz with the knob tuning, or 10khz with the up-down arrow keys.