Old March 19th 04, 09:49 PM
'Doc

'CYB',
A major lobe of a horizontal loop is 'straight up', but that
doesn't
mean that all the RF is going that way by any means, and a high
radiation
angle isn't always 'bad'. 'Tilting' a horizontal loop does
change the
direction of the radiation pattern, but because of all the
things that
affect the radiation pattern, where it actually 'goes' is very
hard (if
not impossible) to predict. Best advice? Try it and see what
happens.
I'm using a horizontal 80 meter loop on a city lot. I've had
no more
than the 'usual' problems working a WAS (several times), and all
the DX
I cared to 'mess' with. A loop has several good and bad
characteristics,
just like any other antenna, and what works well 'here' may not
work well
'there' (just like any other antenna). I just wish the thing
was at 60
feet instead of 20 (LOL)! A characteristic that I like is that
when fed
with ladder line through a tuner, (I know Cecil, but I've got
the tuner),
it works almost all bands, sort of a problem loading on 15
meters, but I
don't use 15 anyway.
Good luck...
'Doc