Old March 4th 12, 07:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Bill Horne[_4_] Bill Horne[_4_] is offline

Default Auxiliary Communications System (ACS)

I've just found out about a major change within the Emergency
Communications network of the Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency,
and that this new system is being implemented nationwide as an
alternative to RACES in disaster communications.

I'm writing about the Auxiliary Communications System (ACS), and I have
a whole lot of questions about it and about RACES and ARES and how they
fit - or don't - in the new system.

First, though, I need information about the new system, and where I can
find out about it. I haven't seen any mention of it prior to the March
ARRL Section Newsletter I read this morning.

Bill, W1AC

--
Bill Horne
(Remove QRM from my address to write to me directly)