Old August 5th 03, 01:26 AM
gil

Default When antenna tuner won't tune

I have the MFJ-971 portable tuner that I use with a random wire when all of
the sudden I could not load on any bands and the "forward" power reads very
low. At first I thought I blew the rig (TS-430) but then when I tried a
couple of different rigs ,the same thing happens... high SWR readings and
low power, also tried different antennas with the MFJ-971 and got the same
results.
Any suggestions before going out and purchasing another tuner? And is it
possible to "blow" a tuner, I dont use anything over 50 watts on CW.
Thanks.........gil