Old April 12th 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Joseph Fenn Joseph Fenn is offline

Default Anyone still use packet radio?

I for one am still useing Packet and run a beacon on 145.07 vhf.
We have a statewide system with the main digiptrs on tops of
Haleakala and Maunakea so coverage is near statewide. They
use APRS, but all the worlwide params are effective as the params
settings etc are standarized all over the world. Different
types of software and different types of TNC's are not a problem.
They may offer addnl cmds in the params, but the essentials
are still standardized!
Joe/KH6JF (Honolulu)

* Ham since 1937 HiSchool Sophomore ex W9ZUU, KP4EX, W4FAG, KH6ARG KH6JF *
* WW2 Vet since Sep 1940 to just After VJ day. US Signal Corps AACS *