Old January 27th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
Steveo Steveo is offline

Default 60's Early 70's CB Those were the best days of CB Radio

"Eddie Collins" wrote:
Anyone remember CB in the late 60's early 70's. Back in 1967 when I was a
kid I was living in New Jersey at Mcguire Airforce Base and I would go
over to the Army Mars Radio Station at Fort Dix and the Guys would let me
play on the CB Radio and was fun I traded something to one of those guys
for a 5 channel Globe Star CB Base Mobile CB. I put up a Mobile antenna
on the Roof where i lived. I could talk about 20 or 30 miles with that
setup, later I moved to Sulphur Oklahoma in 1968 My dad bought a
Hallicrafters CB 19 with 6 Channels and a 23 channel tune receiver and a
Hy-Gain CLR 2 Omni base antenna range was good where i lived... Those
were the best days of CB Radio

Eddie

I remember the Browning Eagle ruling the roost back then, especially with a
beam antenna.

Goes to show what I know. (still have a Mark III)

--
http://NewsReader.Com/ 30GB/Month