Old August 9th 03, 07:58 PM
dxlover

Thanks for the compliments

No problem, you deserved it.

.. I read an older post by you (at least I
think it was you) about a kenwood r-300 your had aquired, and how you
seemed to be enjoying it.

Nope. Not I Judah, I know DXZoner has one and absolutely loves it, he's a
great guy, we 'talk' all the time. Hey Zoner, if you're out there, get
in on this. ;-)

....(My wife agreed to let me buy a black bedside
cabinet, so all three radios and my grundig can be neatly displayed
and I can easily listen to them at night, while lying in bed)

Yep, that's perfect. I have an RCA Victor 'Strato-World' next to my bed
along with a scanner and my Midland weather radio, the RCA is hooked to
about five hundred foot of wire. It is just amazing what those older tube
radios and a sh*t load of wire can hear, it cracks me up. :-D

I am getting all kinds of stuff....and not ghost signals. I'm logging
some really serious DX....

Oh, there's no doubt Judah. It's like the lottery "you can't win if you
don't play"......if you don't have your receiver on you're not going to
hear. I hear quite alot, I just don't post em' much, I guess I should
though. I have many a qsls and buttloads of micro-cassettes filled with the
some good memories. I dub in my voice as to the day and the time on the
tape, it's pretty neat.

I remember on 9/11 I had just happened to be trying to log something in New
York on the BCB that I had been managing to miss and then all h*ll broke
loose. I think I got the first post in that morning to this group, it was
truly an amazing and kind of scary day. I had just about EVERY receiver and
a couple of scanners going and taped everything from the BCB to shortwave to
the police and fire that day.

I'm glad that I have all the recorders I do and adapters labeled for each
one, I am pretty organized and it 'really' came in handy that day.

FWIW, my first receiver was a Realistic DX100, I had two and swapped one
with Zoner. The one I have is in absolutely mint condition with the box and
papers, I really need to break her out again...lol.

Keep the good posts coming Judah, welcome back, you're were missed. :-)

--
~*~*~Monitoring the Spectrum~*~*~
***GO BEARCATS***