Old March 18th 04, 05:53 AM
Tony Meloche

S R wrote:

Hi Tony: The bubbling sound I hear, only happens on the 10 & 11 meter band.
(Analog). It is at random.

Someone once refer to this bubbling as a whale fart.

Now, I am not sure if we are talking about the same sound? Marti or Havana,
Cuba is usually on 49 meters. 6.000 mhz (I think).

Please tell me which FREQ. & UTC you hear that jamming. And jamming at
which station? Thank you.

The sound I am describing sounds like a pot of water come to a boil,
or a fish aquarium with a pump. I won't even begin (this late) to try
and give you the frequencies I hear Radio Marti. Suffice to say it's
from one end of the dial to the other, and easily hearable all over the
USA anytime of day or night. If you run the 41, 31 and 25 meter bands
at night, or the 25, 21 and 19 meter bands during the day, you will
inevitably hear R. Marti. Usually in many places. The broadcasts are
from Washington, but the transmitter is in Greenville, S.C Cuba
has nothing to do with Radio Marti except to try and block it's signal
from being readable anywhere in Cuba. That's the "bubbling".

Tony