Old May 24th 05, 07:41 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Tue, 24 May 2005 10:35:38 -0700, JusLookin wrote:
Anyone know if this bulb can be cross-referenced to something more
common, or am I going ot have to buy one from Icom? Mike AB7RU

Why not drop in an LED (with a suitable dropping resistor)?
I've done that with several older era rigs with good success.
And, in battery operation, your current draw drops.
If you get too much of a "spot effect" in back lighting, roughen
up the front of the lens a wee bit with emery paper.

73
Jonesy