Old February 24th 12, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Joe[_10_] Joe[_10_] is offline

Default Need 455 / 3035 kHz IF transformer for Hammarlund

Al,

I don't have a spare transformer to offer, but are you aware that these
455/3035 kc transformers often fail but can be repaired fairly easily?
The internal silver-clad mica capacitor tends to go bad. I've repaired
one in a HQ-145 by replacing the internal mica sheet capacitor with a
dipped silver mica across the transformer terminals on the underside of
the chassis.

GL,
Joe K9LY

In article ,
Al Schichler wrote:

I was wondering if anyone might have an extra 455/3035 kHz IF
transformer laying around. I believe the part number is M26402-2.
It's used in the HQ-110 (some serial numbers), and I believe the
HQ-170/145.

Thanks,
Al, WA2S