Old November 21st 04, 03:57 AM
Scott

Stripping magnet wire? You mean like after making coils and wanting to
solder them to something? Why bother? Just put a blob of solder on
your iron's tip and put the end of the magnet wire into the solder blob.
After several seconds, the insulation will melt off and the wire end
will be tinned with solder and ready for install!

Scott
N0EDV

Avery Fineman wrote:
Many years ago GC Electronics of Rockford, Illinois, supplied a fast-
acting enamel stripping gel under the trade name of "Strip-X." It
would "lift" the enamel within a minute or two, was rather pungent
and no doubt (in today's ultra-health-conscious world) toxic.

When my last bottle ran dry, I got some paint stripper from a
neighbor that worked nearly as well. Alax, neighbor moved away
and I never recorded the name of the commercial paint stripper.

Anyone have any suggestions for a chemical stripper gel or
solution? Will PCB "stripper" gel work on enamel-covered
magnet wire? [expensive stuff for a tiny bottle of that]

Mechanical means of enamel stripping are the pits and I can't
justify the cost of a commercial stripper machine such as the
Eraser. Solution solutions welcomed.