Old February 20th 08, 05:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Horizontal loop antenna

Sum Ting Wong wrote:
Saw that and wondered about isolating the coax and DC power with the
ferrite and maybe changing the rules about doing that. Since you're a
whole lot sharper than I am on this stuff, what do you figure the
reason is for not tuning a balanced feeder with it?

I was so sharp, I called SGC. :-) They said if the
transmission line accidentally opened up, the SG-230
could develop 30,000 volts at its output. If it was
mounted in an attic, for instance, it could burn the
house down. I think they are worried about being sued.
Moral: If you decide to use transmission line on the
output, put it in a location that will not matter if
it catches on fire.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com