Old March 14th 04, 05:19 PM
Jim Leder

I have been using what I call my '$8.48 Home Depot Vertical'. That's what
the parts cost and it gives me both 40 and 30. It's a simple wire 1/4 wave
vertical for each band separated be PVC spreaders and it hangs from a tree
to a ground rod at the bottom. I have 8 16 foot radials around it (more in
the spring when the ground isn't frozen, probably up to 16). It has been
very effective on 30, better than the dipole I used prior to it. Performance
on 40 is OK. I am thinking of adding a 20 meter section. I have no problem
working DX with it on 30 or 40. Best thing I've tried on 30 so far.

"KC1DI" wrote in message
Just curious as to what most of you are using as an antenna on
the 30 Meter band?

I've used many and was just wondering if i could improve my overall DX
performance with something other than a Dipole. With out going to the
expense of a Beam.

73 Dave