Old June 28th 04, 12:47 PM
Dave Hall

On 25 Jun 2004 23:25:58 -0700, (Totalrod) wrote:

I recently accquired a Realistic (Radio Shack)TRC-452 CB radio. It has
been peaked (mod and power) and 25 channels added above 40. It's a
great old radio. My father had a TRC-452 he bought brand new in 1976
and I grew up seeing it in every truck he's owned since (I'm 30 now).
Anyhow, the reason I'm here is to ask a question. Everything on my
radio is in working condition except for the meter. The needle seems
to be stuck on "1". Is anyone familiar with this model? How do I
repair the meter so it'll work?

Ah! the 452, a nice Uniden based radio. I had a couple of 152's (the
23 channel version of the same basic radio). The meters are fairly
common between the many makes which use those older Uniden chassis.

Unfortunately, they do tend to stick when they get older. It might
have something to do with surface corrosion or otherwise tarnishing of
the needle bearings. Sometimes you can remove the meter, take the
plastic lens off of the front, and adjust the little brass screw that
controls the tension on the bearing. You have to be real careful
though as it is extremely easy to mess it up. Sometimes you can get it
to work again, but it's been my experience that the repair is only
temporary and it will act up again.

You might check with a local shop. They might have replacement meters
for those things.

Dave
"Sandbagger"