Old September 24th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam Tam is offline

Default Carolina Windom revisited: 4 to 1 balun does nothing to choke RF ?

"John Smith" wrote in message
JB wrote:

Of course but I'm too lazy to run the numbers if it isn't my project. My
favorite single band wire antenna is the Dipole. How is OCF an
improvement?
I also liked my Inverted L made out of a homebrew 9' bug catcher mobile
antenna with 25' horizontal clip on extension for 40/80 and clip on
shunt
caps at the mobile mount. Works well in the campground.

Keeping the antenna matched to the coax DOES make a difference,
considering
coax losses.

A "one size fits all" antenna is still VERY MUCH a pipe dream ... in my
humble opinion (or, IMHO ...)

Regards,
JS

At least the "one size" will be very large. I once saw a truly monumental
commercial or military log periodic.

Tam/WB2TT