Old August 11th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] abruxis@aol.com is offline

Default Chuck Harder Returns

wrote:

Chuck Harder kept saying, over and over again, "President Bush doesn't
get it ... he's a golden boy."
I would call that an anti-Semitic slur.
Why do I say this?
First, Bush Jr. is the most pro-Israel U.S. president since Harry
Truman. Everyone knows that; Chuck Harder knows that.
Second, there is the use of the words "gold" and "boy," two traditional
anti-Semitic slurs - and, in the context of Chuck's anti-Semitic rants
in early 1995 ("Jewish greed," a Wall Street controlled by "Greenbergs
and Sheinbergs"; The Nation, April 10, 1995, page 491) - very, very,
very suspicious).
Mr. Ve3, I respect your contention that Chuck Harder is not
anti-Semitic. I disagree; I think he is. To quote Dave Mason in the
late 1970's, "we just disagree" on Chuck Harder's attitudes towards
Jews. I suspect that if we presented our cases to a judge and jury, we
would have an equal chance of swaying the verdict.

I think the best thing for me to do is just drop this whole subject and
quit these blogs. I think Chuck Harder is an anti-Semite, period. Just
like Mel Gibson. I look at Mel Gibson and chuckle at his pathetic
behavior; I might draw hideous characterizations of him with snakes
coming out of his mouth (ditto Pat Buchanan); but in the end, I just
blow it off.
Chuck Harder's anti-Semitism is his problem, no one else's. It
certainly isn't mine. He'll be on the radio for another 15 years or so,
but he won't get anywhere - despite all his blather about "rebuilding."
The radio industry has concluded that Chuck Harder is too far out to be
economically viable. They won't touch him with a 1,000-foot
transmitter. Eventually he'll be off the air for one reason or another,
but it's futile to wait and count the days until that happy event. It's
gonna be a long, long time before Chuck hangs up his mike, and I'll
just have to learn to live with him - and his anti-Semitism.