Old July 17th 05, 11:07 PM

From: Mario Bros on Jul 17, 4:34 pm

Hi folks,
I would have to ask a clarification regard to the TCXO.
They are found with output TTL, HCMOS and CLIPPED SINE WAVE.
It is just with respect to this last type that I would want to have
elucidations on when it is convenient to employ it, which the advantages and
the disadvantages and which the extension of spectral harmonicas.

The TTL and HCMOS outputs will have (generally) square waves
which are rich in odd harmonic content. Clipped sine waves
have less overall harmonics...but the harmonic content depends
on the amount of clipping (presumably off the peak of the sine).

In synthesis, from the plan point of view, which are the motivations that
they make to incline towards a Clipped oscillator?

Depends entirely on the designer's choice. If this is a
purchased TCXO unit then a clipped sinewave output would
probably come through a buffer stage directly from the
internal oscillator output...which resembles a clipped
sine wave. For the purchased unit, having that output is
a convenience to the customer.

TTL and HCMOS outputs would be made from internal digital
devices, again a customer convenience to allow easy interface
to external TTL or HCMOS circuitry.

bit bit