Old April 12th 04, 11:42 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

Note that Australia is a whole other continent and somewhat far from
your neighborhood. It is not a good thing to evaluate anything in terms
of your own experience and what is familiar to you...and certainly not in
terms of what you, yourself, particularly desire.

What do I desire as far as packet operations go?

You said you thought packet was "dead." When I wrote (after the
ellipsis) "certainly not in terms of what you, yourself, particularly
desire" then that does not say you "desire" anything in regards to
"packet operations," does it?

If you don't find "packet operations" in your ham neighborhood,
then you are certainly free to think it is "dead" but only for that
radio neighborhood you frequent. It is incorrect, reqardless of
another 2-land schoolmaster-cum-moderator's "correctness"
opinions to make absolute statements when there is obvious
evidence that packet operations are continuing on another large
continent far away from the USA...and reported on the Amateur
Radio Newsline.

You are free to explore who uses packet radio methods at
www.tapr.org, the website of Tucson Amateur Packet Radio.

LHA / WMD
statements