Old February 7th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Harrison

Default Passive Repeater

Bryan Martin wrote:
"Was this supposed to help or was it just a slam?"

No, my response was factual, neumeric, and specific. It was not meant as
a slam. Reflectors are less lossy than back-to-back antennas. If you are
using microwaves, the size of the reflector may be practical.

The peflector in the path is most effective when placed near either end
of the path. The reflector can also produce gain over that produced by
the antennas at the path ends. It must be slightly concave to do so.
Commercial reflectors often come equipped with an adjustment to suck in
the center of the reflector for maximum gain once alignment of the
dishes is accomplished. This isn`t speculation. I`ve designed the paths
and performed the adjustments with my own hands.

Best regatds, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI