Old November 16th 05, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default Plans for B&W BWD-65 & BWD-90 Folded Dipole Balun & TerminatingResistor

David G. Nagel wrote:
The only source of resistors and baluns that I have found suitable for
making a B&W antenna is B&W.

The terminating resistor is 600 ohms non-inductive i.e. carbon.

I've got about 50 of those 50w suckers in my junk box. They
don't have to be carbon. If one reverses the coil direction
of the resistance wire at mid-point in a wire-wound resistor,
the inductance is minimumized over a certain range of frequencies.
That's what the military often does.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp